- Q & A
- How it does the job
- Delivery and Returns
The Guardian is manufactured from high quality polycarbonate case and high impact polycarbonate diffuser. Available with either stainless steel or polycarbonate clips.
This LED light is suitable for illuminating multi-storey car parks, food processing areas, workshops, tunnels, railway stations, cold stores and many other applications that are subject to moist or dusty environments. Combined with the optional inbuilt microwave sensor to switch the unit on and off as and when required, this luminaire offers unparalleled maximum energy efficiency and control.
For more information see the 'Downloads' tab
|LED Quantity||600 PCS SMD|
|Input Voltage||220-240 V AC|
|LED Luminous Efficiency||67 lm/W|
|LED Luminous Flux||3000 lm|
|Colour Rendering Index||>80|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||<15%|
|Life Span||>50,000 Hours|
|Dimensions (mm)||1270 x 134 x 94|
|Carton Size (mm)||1285 x 290 x 300|
|Working Environment||-35°C to 45°C|
Our products and solutions are no different from any other appliance buy or home/ office improvement you make.
To help makes things easier for you, we've given a guideline on the approximate skill-level and time involved in the installation of this product:
DIY: competent with electrics; 1-2 hours
Professional: electrician; 1 hour
Please note: some of you might think you're handier than you are! This is a guideline only, intended only to help you understand how simple installation is and whom you could ask to do it for you. If you were unsure, we would recommend getting the professionals in!
All your questions should be answered here. Even more information may be found on our factsheet and glossary pages.
If you need further advice, then please get in touch.
- What are LEDs?
- How does LED lighting differ from other lighting?
- How long will an LED last for?
- Are LEDs environmentally friendly?
- Are LEDs cost effective?
- Will an LED light turn on instantly?
1. What are LEDs and how do they work?
Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) are miniature lights produced by moving electrons in a semiconductor. Located witthin the LED is a semiconductor diode, which emits light when voltage is applied to it.
2. How does LED lighting differ from other lighting?
Incandescent lights work by passing a current through a tungsten filament, which causes it to heat up until it glows. This is an extremely inefficient method of lighting as most of the energy is wasted in producing heat rather than light. Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs) contain argon and mercury vapour. When electricity passes through the tube, these gases produce ultraviolet light which then excites the tube’s phosphor coating to produce visible light.
LEDs contain no burning gas or filaments, so they are longer lasting and generate little to no heat. The lack of an easily damageable filament also means that LEDs are more durable. If an LED lamp is broken, it contains no toxic mercury to pollute the environment.
3. How long will an LED last for?
LED lamps have an average rated life of 50, 000 hours. In comparison, incandescent or halogen lights and CFLs, which have an average life of 1000 and 10, 000 hours respectively.
Based on how long a fixture is illuminated per day, here's what 50,00 works out to be
Lifespan Hours of Operation: 50,000 hours is
24 hours per day: 5.7 Years
18 hours per day: 7.4 years
12 hours per day: 11.4 years
8 hours per day: 17.1 years
4. Are LEDs environmentally friendly?
Yes LEDs are energy efficient, consuming 1/50 of the power that an incandescent lamp uses. By replacing existing lights with LEDs, a building can reduce its carbon footprint by up to 90%. LEDs have a longer life than alternative forms of lighting their use produces less waste and, unlike CFLs, they contain no mercury.
LEDs are generally more expensive than other types of lighting, this is due to the technology and construction of an LED. LED light bulbs use an actual circuit board to operate and are made of electronic components, thus could be considered as an electronic device. LEDs consume significantly less power than incandescent lights, therefore reducing your energy bills. Additionally, their long life and reliability saves both money and time that would normally be spent replacing broken or burnt out lights.
6. Will an LED light turn on instantly?
Yes. Unlike CFLs, metal halide and sodium lamps (SON & SOX), which can take up to a minute to “warm up”, LEDs achieve full brightness almost instantly. This is not affected by low temperatures. This means that they are ideal for use with motion and light sensors.
Here are just some of the ways it does the job:
- Uses up to 92% less power than its conventional equivillent, immediately saving you money on power. It continues to save you money on maintenance costs as a longer lifespan means lighting is replaced less frequently (saving you manpower and product costs). As the bulbs don't over heat, you spend less money on cooling costs as rooms.
- LEDs more far more efficiently, consuming up to 92% less energy than halogen and incandescent bulbs. They are also made from recyclable materials and are replaced less frequently, reducing your carbon footprint;
- Environmentally friendly - LED lights contain NO mercury, UV or pollutants and have low CO2 emissions.
- The colour, brightness and ambience of any conventional lighting can be matched by LEDs. The ones we sell also produce light that is closer to sunlight and don't flicker. This improves the look of rooms whilst reducing the risk of headaches;
- Instant bright lights - LED lights when switched on produce an instant bright and natural light - meaning no waiting time for lights to warm up.
- Lasting 20-50 times longer than halogen and incandescent lamps, robust and versatile construction, and typical operating life between 5,000 and 100,000 hours. Our LEDs come with a 3 year warranty and minimum hassle.
Here is a guide to delivery and returns. We are constantly looking to minimise delivery costs so some products may vary. All available delivery options will be shown in the basket and correct delivery will be calculated before you check out. You will only be charged one delivery cost.
Not all options available for all products.
To calculate accurate delivery cost to any address, please click ‘Estimate delivery cost’ above.
International deliveries: Please call us for more information on international deliveries
Collection from ItDoesTheJob.com HQ available for some products.
We think you’ll be more than happy with your purchase. If you’re not, simply return to us within 30 days.