Happy World Environment Day!
What is it?
World Environment Day was created by the UN to encourage worldwide awareness and action for the environment. Over the years it has grown to be a broad, global platform for public outreach, widely celebrated in over 100 countries. It’s ‘people’s day’, a focal point for positive environmental action, galvanizing individual actions into a collective power…
Crickey, who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?!
2015’s theme is "Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care." Take whatever action from that you will!
In celebration, we’re gifting you 5 top eco tips this 5th July…
- Don't let the milk carton go to waste... If you've finished the milk, don't throw away the container... instead, cut the top off and reuse it. You could use it for planting seeds, as a desk tidy or even as a scoop...
- Sun's out, sheets out- if you're doing any washing this weekend- hang your items on the line if you can. They will take up less space, dry quicker and smell of fresh air!
- Just juice- if you've got left over bits of juice or cordial that aren't quite enough for a whole glass then freeze them. That was you can cool down you drinks without watering them down. In ice cube form, they can also act as a shot of flavour to water;
- Close the blinds/ curtains/ shutters- yes, it's sunny but it's also hot. The light streaming in your windows is also bringing in lots of excess heat which you then can't get rid of. If it gets too sunny, they close those curtains. This is also a great this to do when you're out so you're not missing any light and the room will be cool upon your return;
- Sustainable Supper- staying in's the new going out- but only sometimes... If you're going out to eat this weekend why not try somewhere new that sources sustainably: see a list of restaurants that fit the criteria here.