- Q & A
- How it does the job
- Delivery and Returns
The perfect Starter Kit to kick start your savings this Spring.
Don't know where to start saving money and energy this Spring..?
This is the answer: get saving money and energy quickly, simply and right now with our top recommendations, put together in a pack for you!
We've put together the ideal starter kits for Spring.
What's in the Spring Starter Kit:
- EndoTherm- central heating additive to make central heating up to 15% more efficient;
- Ecoflap- the ultimate draught excluding letterbox;
- The Hedgehog Gutter Brush- gutter brush that will prevent your gutters getting blocked from leaves, debris etc.
Why have we chosen them?
- Simple DIY installation;
- Address the areas;
- Gives you “quick wins”;
- Save money as soon as they’re in;
- Reduce your energy consumption now and continuing into the future;
- Fit seamlessly into your lifestyle;
- Increase comfort
You can find technical information for each component of our Spring starter pack below.
|Ingredients||Non Ionic Glucoses
|How Much Do I Use?||1 Bottle - Up To 12 Radiators
2 Bottles - 12 - 25 Radiators
3 Bottles - 25+ Radiators
Installing Endotherm can be as easy as pouring a bottle of endotherm into your radiator, please see the downloads tab for the installation instructions.
|Materials||ABS thermo plastic|
|Dimensions||330mm x 117.5mm x 35mm|
|Maximum Letterhole Size||310mm x 70mm|
The Ecoflap is very simple to install and can be installed with or without screws, please see the downloads tab for the installation instructions.
Hedgehog Gutter Brush
|Materials||Polypropeylene spikes wrapped around a stainless steel cord|
|Brush Diameter||100mm available|
Installing the gutter brush usually takes just minutes, please see the attachments on the downloads tab to see how simple it really is.
Our products and solutions are no different from any other appliance buy you make.
To help makes things easier for you, we've given a guideline on the approximate skill-level and time involved in the installation of this product:
Endotherm - Mildly Competent: 30 Minutes
Ecoflap - Mildly Competent: 1 Hour
Gutter Brush - Mildly Competent: 30 Minutes
Endotherm - Tradesman: 15 Minutes
Ecoflap - Tradesman: 30 Minutes
Gutter Brush - Tradesman: Not Needed
Please note: some of you might think you're handier than you are! This is a guideline only, intended only to help you understand how simple installation is and whom you could ask to do it for you. If you were unsure, we would recommend getting the professionals in!
Please click on the individual products below or scroll down this page to see more information about them.
If you need further advice, then please get in touch.
- How Much Do I Need?
- Does it work in any heating system?
- How long does it last?
- How do I install EndoTherm™?
- Does EndoTherm™ need to be re-installed after a drain-down, for instance when the property is void, or when new radiators or a boiler are installed?
- Should EndoTherm™ be applied to a clean or existing filled system?
- Can EndoTherm™ work with or without an inhibitor and cleaner?
- Is EndoTherm™ dangerous?
- Can EndoTherm™ be used in an open vented system?
1. How Much Do I Need?
Domestically 500ml per 100 litres of heating system volume. Simply put, a 10-12 single radiator home requires 500mL of EndoTherm™.
2. Does it work in any heating system?
Yes, any heating system where a boiler is used to heat water EndoTherm™ will work
3. How long does it last?
EndoTherm™ will remain in a closed central heating system without any deterioration of energy savings for at least 3 years, according to tests.
4. How do I install EndoTherm™?
EndoTherm™ can be added to a system using a feed and expansion tank or via a partially drained radiator.
5. Does EndoTherm™ need to be re-installed after a drain-down, for instance when the property is void, or when new radiators or a boiler are installed?
Yes. EndoTherm™ will need to be re-installed after a drain-down, or if the radiators or boiler are changed.
6. Should EndoTherm™ be applied to a clean or existing filled system?
EndoTherm™ performs both on an existing system with clean or dirty water and also on a new clean system. On a clean new system that has just been installed you will need to flush first before installing EndoTherm™. From the various installations the manufacturer has carried out, the systems that achieve the highest energy savings are those that have been flushed first.
7. Can EndoTherm™ work with or without an inhibitor and cleaner?
EndoTherm™ compliments inhibitor products. This applies to systems already dosed with an inhibitor and systems where an inhibitor is introduced after EndoTherm™ has been installed. EndoTherm™ has some inhibitor properties itself and functions alongside inhibitors without issue.
8. Is EndoTherm™ dangerous?
EndoTherm™ is not dangerous to touch. It has the official classification of a “mild irritant” but carries no hazardous threat.
9. Can EndoTherm™ be used in an open vented system?
Yes, EndoTherm™ can be used in both closed and open wet based central heating systems. For open vented systems, we recommend you increase the dosage by 10% for optimal performance.
- Why won't the letter box inside flap blow open?
- Why is Ecoflap Draught Proof?
- Why is it classed as Eco-friendly?
- I have a favourite plate on the outside of my letter box. Will it work with this size wise?
- My outside letter plate is metal. Will it be compatible with a plastic one inside?
- My doors bang when there is a "through" draught - will it stop this?
- Why is it safer?
- Why is it so simple to use?
1. Why won't the letter box inside flap blow open?
The product is finely balanced -the plate is biased so that the opening force is counteracted by
a greater closing force. Recent testing proved it won't blow open, and closed AGAINST an
equivalent wind speed of 114 mph!(1700 Pascal’s). Also took a good soaking with pressures
of water and air at 100 Pascal’s, without leakage.
2. Why is Ecoflap Draught Proof?
The plate won't rattle, either by wind force or passing traffic rumbling by, thus no cold air will
filter in, or no heat will escape. It'll keep you warm if your outside letter flap became faulty, or
hypothetically... you didn't have one!
3. Why is it classed as Eco-friendly?
Ecoflap will contribute towards saving energy costs. The letter box can be a "silent culprit" for
losing heat. It has been quoted that up to 27% heat can be lost. From another point of view, it
can be made from recyclable material e.g. wood.
4. I have a favourite plate on the outside of my letter box. Will it work with this size wise?
Yes it would. The Ecoflap is designed to retrofit and will accommodate post up to 260mm
(10.25") wide and 42mm (approx1.75") high. The Ecoflap will draught proof a hole up to 80mm
(over 3.125") high and over 300mm (12") wide.
5. My outside letter plate is metal. Will it be compatible with a plastic one inside?
A metal plate can contribute to cold air being conducted through to the inside plate and
consequently inside your house. If the inside plate is ABS -a high quality thermo plasic
(recyclable) - it will act as a barrier having lower thermal conducting properties.
6. My doors bang when there is a "through" draught - will it stop this?
It will certainly help the situation. There is no passage of air through the plate, in either
7. Why is it safer?
There are no springs to bite fingers -or damage mail.
8. Why is it so simple to use?
Ecoflap is light weight and conveniently operated with one hand. It adjusts to the size of
delivery and there are no components to break. The product is easily fitted having a small lip
along the lower edge that rests onto your existing lower ledge of your aperture. This lines up
perfectly with the outside plate. There will be aesthetic screw caps, one for each corner. N.B.
Screws are not supplied due to varying depths of doors and materials (preference for adhering
method). Recommended 3.5mm x 12/15mm countersink
There are currently no questions that we have been asked for this product, if you wish to ask a question please contact us.
Please click on the individual products below or scroll down this page to see more information about the products.
If you need further advice, then please get in touch.
- Reduces the running costs of the heating you add it to by up to 15% (and in some cases more);
- Suitable for any scale and for any wet heating system.
- Makes your radiators up to 15% more efficient.
- Doesn’t change the look of the radiator, the additive goes internally.
- Easy to install.
- Independently accredited;
- Engineered and manufactured in the UK.
- Install a Ecoflap and you will notice lower heating bills because the Ecoflap uses the outside wind to keep the flap closed and the draught out, making your house warmer. This puts more money back into your pocket when you turn the thermostat down.
- Made to stop draughts and keep you warm. Prevents cold air getting in and stops the warm air from escaping, keeping the warm in and cold out and adding money to your pocket in the mean time.
- No crumpled post;
- With no need for springs, magnets or brushes, it makes it easier for the post to be pushed through without being crumpled. As well as the post being in good condition, there is no risk of hurting your fingers when the flap slams shut.
- With a sleek descreet look, it just fits in with your lifestyle.
- One size fits most letterboxes as standard, it has even been put on a number of victorian houses and still done the job;
- Simple to fit- no need for any tools, all you need is some normal bathroom sealant and you can stick the ecoflap on to the door.
- It will always work, as the wind blowing actually seals the Eco-Flap further. It's extremely high-quality and made to last as long as you continue to recieve post!
- By keeping your gutters clear, costly repairs are reduced
- Available to suit most pipes so no need to get a specialist order
- Catches all leaves and debris leaving rainfall to flow freely into gutter and rainwater pipe, enabling your gutters to work more effectively.
- Leaves and twigs are simply caught on the hedgehogs 'spikes' and over time are blown to the ground
- Available in black to compliment 90% of the UK’s gutter colour requirements
- Stops build up and cracks that are dangerous as well as aesthetically displeasing
- Easy and quick to fit from ladders and no separate corner pieces required
- You can literally place it into your gutter
- Polypropylene spikes wrap around a stainless steel central cord
- 10 year product guarantee
Here is a guide to delivery and returns. We are constantly looking to minimise delivery costs so some products may vary. All available delivery options will be shown in the basket and correct delivery will be calculated before you check out. You will only be charged one delivery cost.
Not all options available for all products.
To calculate accurate delivery cost to any address, please click ‘Estimate delivery cost’ above.
International deliviveries: Please call us for more information on international deliveries
Collection from ItDoesTheJob.com HQ available for some products.
We think you’ll be more than happy with your purchase. If you’re not, simply return to us within 30 days.