- How it does the job
- Delivery and Returns
The formerly known 'Atomic Strip' is a tried and tested draught excluder that fits in the gaps around doors and windows to combat draught and is preferred by many customers to other plastic foam, contemporary draught excluders.
Designed to fill gaps larger than 2mm.
Here are some reasons why:
- Does not rot;
- Tried and tested under the name 'atomic strip';
- Easy to install;
- Made of traditional building materials.
Supplied in 6 metre lengths and includes fixing pins.
For the simple step-by-step installation guide, please see the "Installation tab".
This copper strip comes in two widths:
- 25mm wide strip for standard doors
- 14mm wide strip for casement windows, French doors and windows.
|Material||90% Copper, 10% Zinc|
|Width||27mm or 14mm|
Our products and solutions are no different from any other appliance buy you make.
To help makes things easier for you, we've given a guideline on the approximate skill-level and time involved in the installation of this product:
DIY: 2 hour, per door
Professional: 1 hour 30 minutes, per door
Please note: some of you might think you're handier than you are! This is a guideline only, intended only to help you understand how simple installation is and whom you could ask to do it for you. If you were unsure, we would recommend getting the professionals in!
For a PDF version of this document, click here
Below Is a step-by-step installation guide on how to install the proper copper draught excluder
Step 1: Ensure that the between the door and frame is larger than 2mm.
Step 2: The strip is to be fitted to a clear surface, so remove any paint runs, filler nails etc.
Step 3: Cut separate lengths of copper strip for each jamb and the head.
Step 4: Nail the copper strip into position using the indents in the strip.
Step 5: The strip may be sprung so that it makes contact with the door on closing. Using a pointed tool (e.g. a ballpoint pen), run the tool along the springing line to adjust the position of the copper strip to get the best results.
This copper strip comes in two widths;
- 25mm wide strip for standard doors
- 14mm wide strip for casement windows, french doors and windows.
Here are just some of the ways it does the job:
- Extremely hard wearing and durable;
- Saves you money on your heating bills by stopping draughts;
- An economic draught excluder- better value than most as it virtually lasts forever!
- Combats draughts- reducing how high you need your heating on.
- Perfect for period properties- traditional/ original material;
- Helps doors stay closed- gives a better fit to the door;
- The better fit to the door also means they won't blow open in high winds;
- Feel more comfortable in your home.
- Easy to install/ DIY;
- No moving parts and very little to go wrong!
- Perfect for wooden doors;
- Can remove and reinstall elsewhere;
- Extremely durable and hard-wearing so will keep working no matter how many times you open and close that door!
Here is a guide to delivery and returns. We are constantly looking to minimise delivery costs so some products may vary. All available delivery options will be shown in the basket and correct delivery will be calculated before you check out. You will only be charged one delivery cost.
Not all options available for all products.
To calculate accurate delivery cost to any address, please click ‘Estimate delivery cost’ above.
International deliveries: Please call us for more information on international deliveries
Collection from ItDoesTheJob.com HQ available for some products.
We think you’ll be more than happy with your purchase. If you’re not, simply return to us within 30 days.