- Q & A
- How it does the job
- Delivery and Returns
A specialist low emissivity window film to help reduce internal heat loss through your glazing. Helping to increase thermal insulation of single glazing to the equivalent of double glazed units.In the summer this film will help to reduce the solar heat gain and glare from the sun. Keeping you cool in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Total Solar Energy Reduction 75%
Glare Reduction 76%
UV Reduction 99%
This film from the outside view gives a very clear finish offering clear view looking out.
To download a data sheet with information on this solar film, click here.
Length: comes in 1m lengths
The following table shows the technical capabilitys of this solar film.
|Total Solar Energy Reduction||58%|
|Solar Energy Reflected||30%|
|Solar Energy Absorbed||33%|
|Solar Energy Transmittance||37%|
|Visible Light Transmittance||48%|
|Visable Light Reflected||28%|
|Ultra Violet Light Reflected||99%|
|Solar Heat Gain Coeff. (G Value)||.42|
|Winter U-Factor (W/m² °C)||4.24|
Our products and solutions are no different from any other appliance buy or home/ office improvement you make.
To help makes things easier for you, we've given a guideline on the approximate skill-level and time involved in the installation of this product:
DIY: moderate; 1 hour per typical window
Professional: professional: window cleaner or accredited installer to apply film for warranty
Please note: some of you might think you're handier than you are! This is a guideline only, intended only to help you understand how simple installation is and whom you could ask to do it for you. If you were unsure, we would recommend getting the professionals in!
For a pdf version of this installation guide, click here.
- Spray bottle with soapy water;
- Razor blade scraper;
- Sharp utility knife;
- Window cleaning squeegee;
- Paper cloth.
- Section 1: Preparing the Window glass
- Section 2: Preparing the Film
- Section 3: Applying the film on the glass
- Section 4: Squeezing out excess water and air bubbles
- Section 5: Finishing touches
Section 1: Preparing the Window glass
Fill a pump - or trigger- spray bottle with a weak soapy water solution. This soapy water solution ('the Solution') will serve as a lubricant for the squeegee during glass cleaning & film application. Spray the inside
(the surface on which you want apply the film) of the glass with solution.
Using a razor blade scrap the window of any paint, varnish, stickers and any other foreign matter. Wipe clean and dry with tissue paper. Spray entire glass with soap solution again.
Section 2: Preparing the Film
Cut the film one inch wider and one inch longer than the glass size. Place a piece of sticky tape on either side of the film. Pull each piece of the tape outward in opposite direction.
Remove the liner and side by side activate the adhesive by spraying it with the soap solution. Thoroughly apply the solution on the film including the edges.
Section 3: Applying the film on the glass
Prepare the window for application by spraying it thoroughly so that it is wet.
Pick the film by its corners and place adhesive side against the glass and move it around until it is positioned properly. Check against about its proper setting from various angles.
Section 4: Squeezing out excess water and air bubbles
Spray the exposed side of the film facing you with solution.
Squeeze in a horizontal direction from top to bottom to remove excess
water and air bubbles.
Section 5: Finishing touches
Trim excess film using a cutter. Do the cutting very carefully. Spray film with the soap solution and then squeeze again to remove all excess water and air bubbles from under the film as in step 4. Place tissue paper on Squeegee and tamp all edges by stroking towards the glass frames. View the window from outside and if any air bubbles are seen, squeeze and remove them.
There you have it! Your glass now not only looks more aesthetic but also has an excellent protection against the sun.
Handle the film very carefully. As with aluminium foil, once creased, the film will remain creased.
Avoid using concentrated or degreasing detergents to make the Solution or the film may dry cloudy or fail to adhere.
Larger windows (3'-4' wide) usually are best filmed by two people working together to remove the liner, install, and trim the film. (See steps 3 and 5)
Apply film anytime other than in direct sunlight (film may stick too quickly) or freezing weather (film will not stick at all). Best temperature is 45-90 degrees F. Best time is early morning or late evening, when the glass is cooler.
Work in a dust-free area. Turn off fans. Apply film to windows hung vertically.
DO NOT lay windows down to tint them or you will trap air bubbles under the film.
Film may be removed, but not reused.
If you need further advice, then please get in touch.
- Can Window Film go on any type of glass?
- I am considering Window Film but do not want a mirrored look. Is there such a Window Film for me?
- Will Window Film stop my conservatory overheating?
- How is Window Film maintained once installed?
- I’m really worried about leaving bubbles and creases behind when I apply the film, is it difficult?
- What energy savings can I expect from installing solar film?
Different film will be best depending on your situation, give us a call and we’ll let you know what’s best for you.
Whilst a mirrored Window Film can make a building look very modern it would not suit all commercial/domestic application or an old, historic building. However, there are a number of “neutral” Window Films available which can give maximum protection yet are hardly noticeable. Let us know if you need a sample.
The installation of a high performance Window Film will dramatically reduce your conservatory overheating making the space much more user friendly
Once installed, Window Film should be cleaned in a similar way to glass and a soapy water solution and squeegee are ideal. Abrasives of any type should be avoided. Upon completion of our installation we will issue full “aftercare” advice.
Imagine sticking a length of sticky tape directly on to a window. It will stick instantly, but chances are it will buckle and crease and you won’t be able to fix it straight. Now imagine wetting the sticky side of the tape and the glass with soapy water. You can now move the tape anywhere you want on the glass, smooth it down – even lift it off the glass and position it somewhere else. This is exactly how you apply window film! Only when you are happy with the position do you then use a squeegee and push out any trapped water or air bubbles. Once left to dry the film will be fully adhered to the glass, with perfect results.
Installing solar window film reduces the amount of solar heat entering your home or property which can result in lower cooling costs in the summer. However, determining exact energy savings can be difficult because many factors contribute to energy use such as the fluctuating cost of fuel, amount of direct sun exposure, type of film installed, type of glass and many others. However, typical payback in energy savings is usually 2 – 5 years, sometimes less.
Here are just some of the ways it does the job:
- Solar window film is not expensive and has a fast ROI. Comparing the benefits with the long life span of solar window film, you have the opportunity to save yourself a lot of money.
- Keeps the heat in and the cold out in the winter and deflect some unnecessary heat from entering in the summer. Meaning you can turn the heating and air conditioning down/ off and stop overcompensating for the energy that is lost through the window. Saving energy.
- Traditional window blinds, curtains and awnings can obscure your view, making the room darker and require regular maintenance. Window film avoids these drawbacks. Our window films are virtually invisible, once applied, giving you a clear view in or out.
- All you need to do is wet the glass with a sponge, apply the film, slide it around until it's in place and smooth out the bubbles with the plastic card. It really is that simple;
- To clean, all you need to do is use a soft, clean cloth or paper towel to clean and use a rubber squeegee to dry. Use mild detergent or every-day glass cleaning solutions. avoid using abrasive tools/cleaners and chemicals.
- With a 10 year warranty once applied correctly, it's fit and forget!
Here is a guide to delivery and returns. We are constantly looking to minimise delivery costs so some products may vary. All available delivery options will be shown in the basket and correct delivery will be calculated before you check out. You will only be charged one delivery cost.
Not all options available for all products.
To calculate accurate delivery cost to any address, please click ‘Estimate delivery cost’ above.
International deliveries: Please call us for more information on international deliveries
Collection from ItDoesTheJob.com HQ available for some products.
We think you’ll be more than happy with your purchase. If you’re not, simply return to us within 30 days.