- Q & A
- How it does the job
- Delivery and Returns
This lovely bulb can be used as a direct retro-fit to your existing light. The bulk of the bulb is slightly larger than your average [link to dimensions] but can stand on its own or as part of a lighting fixture.
No more swaping every few months!
run 8 bulbs for the price of one. amazing
Uses 82.5% less energy!
Lasts 50,000 hours
5 year warranty
Some Energy and Carbon Savings From This Bulb Vs Its Conventional Equivalent
Annual energy saving*
Energy saving over bulb's lifetime*
Carbon footprint saving
*Based on average UK household electricity cost of 13.7p/kWh (2014)
This does not include the maintenance, time or hassle you will save!
|Light Output||400 Lm|
|Dimensions||42mm x 117mm|
|Base / Cap||E14|
IDTJ.com - Radio, TV and Wi-Fi Reception Issues When Using LED Lamps (Radio,_TV_and_Wi-Fi_Reception_Issues_When_Using_LED_Lamps.pdf, 157 Kb) [Download]
Our products and solutions are no different from any other appliance buy or home/ office improvement you make.
To help makes things easier for you, we've given a guideline on the approximate skill-level and time involved in the installation of this product:
DIY: anyone- it’s literally like changing a light bulb
Professional: electrician- you’ll only need him if you are changing the driver or fitting
Please note: some of you might think you're handier than you are! This is a guideline only, intended only to help you understand how simple installation is and whom you could ask to do it for you. If you were unsure, we would recommend getting the professionals in!
If you need further advice, then please get in touch.
- What are LEDs?
- How does LED lighting differ from other lighting?
- How long will an LED last for?
- Are LEDs environmentally friendly?
- Are LEDs cost effective?
- Will an LED light turn on instantly?
- But aren’t they just energy saving bulbs?
Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) are miniature lights produced by moving electrons in a semiconductor. Located witthin the LED is a semiconductor diode, which emits light when voltage is applied to it.
Incandescent lights work by passing a current through a tungsten filament, which causes it to heat up until it glows. This is an extremely inefficient method of lighting as most of the energy is wasted in producing heat rather than light. Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs) contain argon and mercury vapour. When electricity passes through the tube, these gases produce ultraviolet light which then excites the tube’s phosphor coating to produce visible light.
LEDs contain no burning gas or filaments, so they are longer lasting and generate little to no heat. The lack of an easily damageable filament also means that LEDs are more durable. If an LED lamp is broken, it contains no toxic mercury to pollute the environment.
LED lamps have an average rated life of 50, 000 hours. In comparison, incandescent or halogen lights and CFLs, which have an average life of 1000 and 10, 000 hours respectively.
Based on how long a fixture is illuminated per day, here's what 50,00 works out to be
Lifespan Hours of Operation: 50,000 hours is
24 hours per day: 5.7 Years
18 hours per day: 7.4 years
12 hours per day: 11.4 years
8 hours per day: 17.1 years
Answer: Yes LEDs are energy efficient, consuming 1/50 of the power that an incandescent lamp uses. By replacing existing lights with LEDs, a building can reduce its carbon footprint by up to 90%. LEDs have a longer life than alternative forms of lighting their use produces less waste and, unlike CFLs, they contain no mercury.
LEDs are generally more expensive than other types of lighting, this is due to the technology and construction of an LED. LED light bulbs use an actual circuit board to operate and are made of electronic components, thus could be considered as an electronic device. LEDs consume significantly less power than incandescent lights, therefore reducing your energy bills. Additionally, their long life and reliability saves both money and time that would normally be spent replacing broken or burnt out lights.
Yes. Unlike CFLs, metal halide and sodium lamps (SON & SOX), which can take up to a minute to “warm up”, LEDs achieve full brightness almost instantly. This is not affected by low temperatures. This means that they are ideal for use with motion and light sensors.
Absolutely not. People often confuse LED bulbs with low energy lighting (CFL) but they entirely different technologies, and completely different leagues. As you flick on the light switch, an LED light will instantly offer full illumination, while the CFL would still be warming up. LEDs won’t flicker nor leave you in the dark.
Here are just some of the ways it does the job:
- Uses up to 92% less power than its conventional equivillent, immediately saving you money on power. It continues to save you money on maintenance costs as a longer lifespan means lighting is replaced less frequently (saving you manpower and product costs). As the bulbs don't over heat, you spend less money on cooling costs as rooms.
- LEDs more far more efficiently, consuming up to 92% less energy than halogen and incandescent bulbs. They are also made from recyclable materials and are replaced less frequently, reducing your carbon footprint;
- Environmentally friendly - LED lights contain NO mercury, UV or pollutants and have low CO2 emissions.
- The colour, brightness and ambience of any conventional lighting can be matched by LEDs. The ones we sell also produce light that is closer to sunlight and don't flicker. This improves the look of rooms whilst reducing the risk of headaches;
- Instant bright lights - LED lights when switched on produce an instant bright and natural light - meaning no waiting time for lights to warm up.
- Most of our LEDs are designed to retrofit into existing fittings, this means that chaning them is as easy as, well, changing a light bulb. With lifespans of up to 100, 000 hours they are low mainatinence.
- Lasting 20-50 times longer than halogen and incandescent bulbs, robust and versatile construction, and typical operating life between 5,000 and 100,000 hours. Our LEDs come with a 3 year warranty and minimum hassle.
Here is a guide to delivery and returns. We are constantly looking to minimise delivery costs so some products may vary. All available delivery options will be shown in the basket and correct delivery will be calculated before you check out. You will only be charged one delivery cost.
Not all options available for all products.
To calculate accurate delivery cost to any address, please click ‘Estimate delivery cost’ above.
International deliveries: Please call us for more information on international deliveries
Collection from ItDoesTheJob.com HQ available for some products.
We think you’ll be more than happy with your purchase. If you’re not, simply return to us within 30 days.