Tis’ officially mince pie season.
But what is the BEST, easiest way to whip up a batch of these seasonal treats....and what are some economical and tasty alternatives? Plus, how can we make the most of our yummy-leftovers!
ItDoeTheJob.com is here with your answers… You’re very welcome.
Easiest Mince Pie Recipe EVER *Perfect for adults and children alike!*
- A pre-rolled short crust pastry sheet,
- 1 muffin/cupcake tin,
- Cookie cutters (or anything slightly bigger than the base of your muffin tray) Or a glass/jam jar if you have none,
- Icing sugar for sprinkling (optional),
- 1 jar of mince pie filling
(An alternative is also mixing mince meat with stewed apples (or any other stewed fruit- it can make it less sweet and make it go further!)
- Simply pre-heat the oven ahead of time to 200°C/190°C Fan/gas 6.
- Grease a 12-hole bun tin with butter;
- Roll out pastry;
- Lightly flour table top and roll pastry out on it;
- Cut out 12 circles - if your tin has 12 holes - using a large pastry cutter and 12 stars or circle lids using a small pastry cutter/lid;
- Place the 12 large pastry circles into the bun tin;
- Add a small amount of mincemeat to each bottom (don't overfilling even though it's tempting!). Then place one of the stars/circles on top of each;
- Brush each top with a little milk and then dust with a sprinkling of sugar if you wish;
- Now bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned;
- Lift out onto a wire cooling rack and serve once slightly cooled;
- Final step: Enjoy!
ECO TIP! Why not cook something else in the oven before/ after so as to not waste the heat of the oven? A great way to make the most of a hot oven!