Welcome to the ItDoesTheJob.com website terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and any other dealings with ItDoesTheJob.com. By accessing this Website and/or placing an order with us you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
"Conditions" means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions; "Product" means a product displayed for sale on the Website; "Product Description" means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided; "Special Conditions" means the terms and conditions in the Product Description; "Users" means the users of the Website collectively; "Personal Information" means the details provided by you on registration; "We/us" means ItDoesTheJob.com Ltd; "Website" means the website located at www.itdoesthejob.com or any subsequent URL which may replace it; "Cookies" means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer; "United Kingdom" means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and "You" means a user of this Website.
(back to the top)
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us. You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnity, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
These are based on your past purchases, top sellers, ratings and recently-viewed products. We determine your interests and suggest new products you may like; additionally we compare your interests and buying habits with the interests and habits of other customers, to show you relevant products.
Your recommendations may change when you make a purchase and move around the site. You might like to add products that interest you to your wish list for future reference.
We take reasonable care to ensure our recommendations are in line with your behaviour as a customer on johnlewis.com. Details of the products we recommend - such as price - are correct at the time recommendations are originally made to you, but can be subject to change without notice.
(back to the top)
Making a Purchase
Making a purchase is easy. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping basket. They will be added while you keep shopping. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need, to be able to complete the order.
We accept credit and debit card payments as well as Paypal. If you are shopping from Outside the UK, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency.
We accept Visa, Switch, Solo, Maestro and Mastercard. We can accept credit/debit card information over the phone, or over via our website.
When we email out a confirmation of order, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice which goes out with the goods or will be sent via email. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
For orders made from the UK or the European Union, VAT is added at the relevant rate (mostly 20%, but 5% or 0% for some items). For orders outside of the UK, please check.
Credit Card Security
When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our payment gateway. They are not held by us.
Terms and conditions of sale
These terms and conditions cover all purchases with ItDoesTheJob.com including via the website www.itdoesthejob.com, over the phone, email or in person.
In these Terms and Conditions "Company" means ItDoesTheJob.com, “Website” means www.ItDoesTheJob.com. "Goods" means the goods specified in the Company's invoice/ receipt and "Customer" means the person or company that purchases the Goods.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods to, or the provision of work for the Customer. The placing of an order with the Company is deemed to be an acceptance of such Terms and Conditions by the Customer and supersede any previous Terms and Conditions.
1) The Company reserves the right to change any product specification where, in our opinion, an improvement can be effected in design. Delivery of the goods so modified shall constitute good performance of any contract, provided such modification shall not increase the price nor adversely affect the performance of the goods.
2) All literature, catalogues, brochures, specifications, data, descriptive matter and other technical characteristics in any sales material are intended to give a general overview of the Goods offered and shall not form part of any order unless expressly agreed in writing.
3) All prices quoted in the above-mentioned material are subject to confirmation at the time of order and are exclusive of VAT ,which will be chargeable in accordance with legislation current at the time of supply.
4) Orders placed over the phone or via the Website must be paid for in full before any Goods are sent out
5) Payment of invoices is strictly 7 days net from the date of invoice, unless previously agreed otherwise. Failure to pay within this period shall entitle the Company charge extra or to suspend, withhold or cancel further deliveries without prejudice to any subsequent claim, which may be received for non-fulfilment of any order.
6) Title in the Goods shall remain in the Company until such time as full payment relating to those Goods is received by the Company whereupon title of the Goods shall pass to the Customer.
7) All Goods shall be delivered to the Customers address in the United Kingdom and risk in the Goods shall pass on such delivery. All carriage charges for deliveries will be chargeable at cost. Any delivery dates or periods quoted by the Company are estimated only, are given in good faith and the Company shall use all reasonable endeavours to meet such delivery dates or periods. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential, resulting from any failure by the Company to meet such delivery dates or periods. The Company shall not be responsible for any failure to perform its obligations due to circumstances beyond its control.
7) Claims for non-delivery of, or receipt of damaged Goods must be notified to the Company within 7 days of receipt of invoice. Goods claimed to be not in accordance with specifications must be retained as delivered for inspection and instruction. Failing this, no liability by the Company will be accepted. No Goods may be returned without the prior consent of the Company. A minimum of 15% restocking charge will be made on all Goods returned. Goods returned must be adequately identified, sufficiently packed and sent carriage paid.
8) The Company warrants to the Customer only, that any Goods supplied by its function in accordance with its specifications, provided always that the Goods have been used strictly in accordance with the Company's Instructions. Compensation is limited to the value of the Goods found to be faulty as specified in the relevant invoice Customers shall be responsible for the passing to their employees and their subsequent purchasers, all Information and Instructions supplied with the Goods and shall be liable to indemnify the Company against any claims, loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from any failure to do so.
9) The Company may, at any time, revoke the Customer's power of sale by notice to the Customer if the Customer is in default for longer than 7 days in the payment of any sum whatsoever due to the Company, or if the Company has bone fide doubts as to the solvency of the Customer. The Customer's power of sale shall automatically cease if a receiver is appointed, a winding-up order is made, the Customer goes into voluntary liquidation or calls a meeting of or makes arrangements with creditors or commits any act of bankruptcy.
10) The failure by the Company at any time or for any period to enforce any one or more of these Terms and Conditions shall not be a waiver of the right to enforce such Terms and Conditions on a future occasion.
11) No waiver, alteration or modification of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding until made in writing and signed by a Director of the Company.
12) All notices to the Company shall be mailed by the Customer by first-class recorded delivery.
13) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England. Changes to this agreement ItDoesTheJob.com Ltd reserves the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these terms and conditions at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unforeseen, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
(back to the top)
- Gift Certificates ordered through our Website will be delivered automatically by electronic means to the email address you specify at the time of order. If you’re worried, get the gift certificate sent to yourself and then forward it on personally;
- If you choose to send an additional physical gift certificate via us then we will send immediately unless different arrangements are agreed personally with us;
- Our Gift Certificates include unique numbers and configurable patterns;
- Our Gift Certificates must be redeemed on our website, as full or part payment of products from our website;
- A Gift Certificate cannot be used to purchase a further Gift Certificate;
- When ordering a Gift Certificate, you should ensure to enter the recipient’s email address/ physical address (if applicable) correctly. We cannot be held responsible if the address is entered incorrectly and someone other than the intended recipient uses the Gift Certificate;
- Site offers and promotions (including gifts with purchase and discounts) do not apply when purchasing gift vouchers;
- You can check the balance of the Gift Certificate by logging into your account (please note, this only applies if you register for an account);
- All Gift Certificates are dated and expire 12 months from the date of issue;
- Gift Certificates cannot be exchanged for cash;
- Where Products purchased online with a Gift Certificate are returned, monies owing will be refunded by a Gift Certificate;
- We are not responsible if a Gift Certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and no guaranteed replacement will be provided in these circumstances;
- All other appropriate Terms and Conditions apply.
The following terms and conditions are applicable where appropriate to the installation in hand and only where undertaken by ItDoesTheJob.com. Please note, we cannot be responsible for any installations not carried out by us, nor any subsequent effects those installations have on our products including any voiding of warranties.
Installations carried out by ItDoesTheJob.com
- Time of installation is arranged by phone and is for UK mainland only;
- Time is subject to change under consensus from all involved parties provided there is adequate notice;
- Cancellation/ postponement of a job by ItDoesTheJob.com without full notice is permissible is as a result of factors beyond ItDoesTheJob.com's control;
- Product specific installation terms and conditions may vary slightly from outlined below and are available upon request;
- Date and time of installation will depend on the location of the installation site. We reserve the right to not install a system due to location and access of services. Travel is charged at £35 per hour if the site is outside the southeast of England.
THE BASIS OF THE CONTRACT BETWEEN US: 1. These Terms shall apply to any Installation undertaken by us 2. We have agreed to provide a Quotation and proceed with the Installation on the basis that you either own the Property or have obtained all of the necessary consents of the owner of the Property and all areas in which the Installation will take place. 3. A Quotation will be valid for a period of 30 days from the date stated on it, unless we notify you in writing that we have withdrawn it during this period. 4. If, having read and considered the quotation and terms, you wish to proceed with an Installation you confirm that you: (a) accept the Quotation; (b) accept the Terms; and (c) want us to proceed with the Installation. By doing so, you are offering to enter into a binding contract with us, which we are free to accept or decline at our sole discretion. 5. You may cancel the Installation at any time before the date we have agreed to commence the Installation by providing us with written notice and provided ItDoesTheJob.com agrees it is reasonable. 6. We reserve the right to revise and amend these Terms and the Quotation or any products and services we supply from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology that is used for any system or part thereof, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements including a change in any funding that is available and changes in our system´s capabilities. 7. You will be subject to the policies and terms in force at the time that you accept the Quotation, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required by law or government or regulatory authority 8. We may need to exchange products within your System, and/or alter the System layout due to factors outside our control including, but not limited to, product availability or manufacturer upgrades. If we do need to make any changes we will inform you and only replace any products with like for like products. If this change results in an additional, un-agreed, cost to you, you will be entitled to a reimbursement of the additional cost.
THE INSTALLATION 1. We will use reasonable efforts to carry out the Installation on the date we agree and within the timescales we agree, but if we need to rearrange the date of the Installation we will tell you as soon as we can and we will try to arrange an alternative date with you. In the event that we must use an alternative installer to carry out the works at your Property, it is likely that the new installer will wish to carry out a new assessment at your Property. This will be at no cost to you. 2. If you arrange to carry out any extra works yourself (or through any other contractor), then you must ensure that those works are: (a) carried out: I. prior to the date from which we have agreed to carry out the Installation; II. in a professional manner; III. in accordance with any relevant professional standards; and (b) safe. We will not be liable for any damage to your Property, or for any delays, caused by any extra works that you have arranged yourself. 3. If you need to change the date for the Installation you must call us as soon as you are able to and we will try to arrange an alternative date with you. 4. For some systems, (for example heating systems) we may require you to take up all or some of your carpets and floor coverings, including tongue and groove, parquet hardwood, rubber or tiled floors before we start work and we will give you as much notice as possible if we need you to do so. It will be your responsibility to replace the floor when the Installation is completed. 5. We will use our reasonable efforts to erect any required scaffold and carry out the Installation at your Property in accordance with the Contract but we are unable to guarantee any timescales due to delays which are beyond our control. 6. Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that products are delivered on time to construct your System we may need to rearrange the date of the Installation due to a delay in product deliveries due to excess demand in the marketplace or delay in the shipping of products, or a withdrawal of certain products from the market by the manufacturer. 7. In the event that an issue is discovered that may affect the health and safety of any persons at the Property, including but not limited to safety issues relating to adverse weather conditions, scaffold, your electrical wiring, your plumbing or your power supply, we may need to delay your Installation whilst the issues are resolved. 8. Following completion of the Installation we will ask you to sign a form to confirm that the Installation has been completed to your satisfaction and that you have been told how the System operates and should be maintained. 9. In order to help us maintain our standards of work we monitor a selection of all installations that we undertake. Where your Property is selected for monitoring, you agree to give our technical monitor access to your Property on a date we agree with you (on at least 48 hours’ notice) so that the monitoring can take place. 10. Please note that we may take photographs of your Property during the Installation where we need to keep a visual record of the work that is carried out by us. 11. Provided the installation/ product is used as directed there should be no problems. If something other than what we have installed should become faulty through no fault of our own (as reasonably decided by us) we will take no responsibility. 12. We only take responsibility for the functioning of the product where installed by us unless due to a manufacturing fault.
(back to the top)
All of these pages contain copyrighted material. If you want to use some of this information you must seek our permission and include a proper citation.
Educational and Non-commercial Purposes
- Use of text and photographs from this site is permitted for non-commercial purposes provided that it carries the citation:
“copyright© by Dee Wood, www.itdoesthejob.com”
All rights to the content of this website are reserved to ItDoesTheJob.com. Permission for use of any of these materials in a commercial venue may be available. Submit your request to:
London, E11 3AD
Unless and until permission is granted you may not reproduce, copy, modify, add to, publish, create derivative works, distribute, or otherwise use in commerce, any content from this website. Use without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited. If you violate any of these terms, your permission to use the Content will be automatically terminated and you must immediately destroy any copies you have of any portion of the content. These terms and conditions only cover ItDoesTheJob.com. Any other websites which are linked to from this site are governed by their own terms and conditions. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content or operation of websites, which are not under our control. We are required by law to tell you that sales can be concluded in English only and that no public filing requirements apply.
Our images are taken by a selection of:
We are extremely happy with all their work and would be pleased to recommend them or put you in personal contact- just get in touch.
(back to the top)